Thursday, July 31, 2008

Paging Doctor Drama...

I just spoke with my regular doctor. Evidently I have inadvertently stepped into a big pile of doctor drama. Ewww. Although Dr. Gobbles made it sound like my regular doctor was in agreement with postponing the induction, she evidently was not. In fact, she was surprised to show up at the hospital this morning to find nothing in our Labor and Delivery room but tumbleweed. (Tim forgot to re-pack the tumbleweed when we left.) She doesn’t agree with Dr. Gobble’s assessment of the situation and thinks delivery now is better than waiting for the pre-e or blood pressure to get worse.

I should note that she has been my doctor for many years prior to becoming pregnant, and has been my primary doctor throughout this pregnancy. She knows this pregnancy and this baby better than any other doctor. Also, unlike Dr. Gobbles, she has an ability to listen, make eye contact, and share relevant information. Needless to say, we trust her opinion above Dr. Gobbles.

At this time, we still don’t know exactly what is happening. My doctor is calling Dr. Gobbles and getting additional outside consultations. She’ll call me back sometime today with a game plan. So we could be heading back to the hospital soon, or we may be waiting a week… or two or three. In the meantime, we'll try to scrap this pile of doctor drama off the bottom of our shoes so we can walk around with some dignity.



On an adorable sidenote…Bear has decided that since we did not come home with a baby, as we told him we would, the bassinet must be his. He was curled up asleep in it this morning. Hopefully Alexander will arrive before Bear claims all of his stuff.

No comments: