Friday, March 7, 2008

What a Great Title for a Blog Entry!

The end of Load-Mode Level II is in sight! The doctor said I only had to continue this for about 10 more days...and, yes, that does sound completely arbitrary and made up. I sometimes think the doctor’s office is using an origami fortune teller to determine the length of bedrest to prescribe to patients.

I am glad Dr. Origami said I only need to spend 10 more days in bed. If I said my favorite color was blue, it would have been 25 more days in bed. I am looking forward to re-emerging into society. In the meantime, the imprint of my body deepens on the bed and will soon require yellow caution tape so unsuspecting passersby don’t fall in.

What happened to our contractor? I’m glad you asked, but I have no idea. We were about to go to the Piggly Wiggly to tape his picture on the back of milk cartons. We haven’t seen or heard from him in weeks. There is probably only one day of finishing work left (if that) and then he is supposed to arrange the final inspection. Once again we are having abandonment issues. If our contractor reads this blog, I have only one piece of advice for him: take a long and hard look at that motivational poster on your wall. If you can't live up to the expectations of your motivational poster, then you don't deserve to have an adorable pictue of a kitty on your wall.

Well I have a big day of staring into space and yelling at Bear from a reclined position ahead of me. I’d better get on top of that.

No comments: