Friday, March 14, 2008

Is she pregnant… or…???

People look at me fearfully because they know they are only one careless question away from a major social faux pas.

I’m in that awkward stage of the baby belly... People who know I am pregnant comment on my “baby bump”, but people I don’t see that often just look at me funny. I know they want to ask, but they aren’t sure enough to ask. So I end up being on the receiving end of stumbly questions like “So… what’s…new… with you?” This line of question often includes that exaggerated head tilt both people and dogs get when they are especially curious about something.



I am hopeful that this child will be a genius, because I can feel my own IQ dropping at an alarming rate. I think the baby is literally sucking my … smart matter... stuff…out. Need an example? How about stepping into the shower while still wearing socks and underwear. Yeeaaah. That was dumb…very dumb.

… Or was it brilliantly efficient?

No, wait… it was just dumb. My mistake.

I have just started feeling the first kicks. It is just about the coolest feeling in the world. The best way my reduced brain can think of to describe it is like internal popcorn popping. Based on this development, here is our latest projection of our future baby:



Once again, actual baby may vary.

In other news… I only have five more days until the next doctor’s appointment and hopeful removal of the Load Mode II prescription. Yeeeeee-haaaw!! *fires guns into air*

Well… I think I have just used my entire annual ration of ellipses in one post. I’d better go…

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Congrats on you exciting new addition. Morning sickness can be a drag. I found that mine came in waves more throughout with Lillie...I truly believe because there was so much more estrogen in my system. With boys you don't have as much. And some people are just more sensitive to those changes. But you'll get through it. And when that passes, there'll be something new that may make you wish you weren't so anxious to move to the next phase. But just remember the end result...a healthy little baby for you both to love.

Feel free to call me anytime you'd like to talk. 515.255.4080 or cell 515.240.7895

Us said...

Thanks, Jacque -

I've heard that morning sickness is often stronger when having a girl. We'll find out in exactly two weeks if the theory holds out for our little one when we have the 20 week ultrasound. We really don't have a preference, but we are excited to find out.

In the meantime, I took an online quiz that had me answer a series of questions like 'do you crave sweet or salt?', 'is your bump high or low?', and 'what is the baby's heartrate?' It said I have a 65% chance of having a girl...

65%?? It's sort of hard to argue with the accuracy of that. Basically, the quiz taught me that we have a very good chance of having a girl or a boy. In fact, I'll go one step beyond those quiz results and say I am 99.9% sure we are having a girl or a boy.

Take care,
Steph