Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who would’ve thought I’d be the picture of stability?

I’m stable and I have the blood tests to prove it!! Ha-HA! The doctor called today and told me the latest blood tests showed things are not getting worse right now. I wanted to go “whoo-hoo!” drop the phone, run out the door and go rolling around in the grass with the neighbor’s dog. The doctor obviously sensed my overexcitment and said “You still have pre-eclampsia and you still have to be on bedrest and do twice weekly NSTs and…blahbity blah blah blah.”

I’ll admit, part of my mind wasn’t really processing everything she was saying because I had that stupid montage theme from Rocky going through my head “Getting Stronger! Getting Stroonger!!” Yeeeah!!

The other pop culture reference that just keeps creeping into my mind is (not surprisingly) courtesy of the Simpsons. I feel like I’ve had nearly every possible pregnancy complication at some point. So I think I may have a pregnancy version of Three Stooges Syndrome…



So if anyone needs for me to fix their electrical wiring, retrieve their cat out of a tree, or wrestle an alligator in their backyard – now is the time to ask.

I’M INDESTRUCTIBLE!

I don’t know how much longer I’ll have this ‘indestructible’ superpower. But I’m keeping this sweet cape and unitard forever.

Of course, the someone has already beaten me to the punch in creating a pregnant superhero. Anime is already a bit weird for my tastes (maybe I just don’t get the appeal of big-eyed, short skirted school girls) but Yuki ramps up the weirdness to a level that is hard to not appreciate.



Well, before you become too freaked out and write an angry letter to Japan, you should know that Yuki isn't real anime. She was created as a punchline for the movie Juno. But pretty funny, and completely believable. What was I talking about? Oh yes… I’m doing well and totally…




(No… not hoarse. Stable. I’m totally stable.)

No comments: