Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What the WHAT?

It was 4:00 am. I was nursing and staring at the muted television. I swear that I saw an ad for an Obama chia-pet. The next day, as I was reflecting on it, I thought for sure I must have been dreaming. But… no. It does exsist. In fact, you can get President Obama in two chia-rific looks – Happy and Determined.



It seems vaguely offensive, but I can’t put my finger on why that is. If not offensive, it is at least really weird. Things in the chia world don’t always make sense…for example:

A hairy frog? That makes no sense.


And growing chia hair on Homer Simpson just makes him plummet in comedic value.

The only chia pet worth it’s weight in terra cotta is Mr. T.

“I pity the fool who doesn’t water me regularly.”

Now that is in no way weird or offensive.

No comments: