Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I put the dope in Methyldopa

Due to the sudden onset of Fred Flintstone Feet* and high blood pressure, the doctors put me on a higher dose of Methyldopa. This drug is not my friend. Although it may sound like it is fun to take, all it does is make me extremely tired, dizzy, and queasy. In fact, yesterday I took a 4 hour nap. Yes, folk, FOUR hours. (Good thing I am only marginally employed so I was at home. Even the most enlightened employers tend to frown upon four hour naps at the desk.) Despite the four hour nap, I still fell asleep at 10:00 pm last night and slept until 6:00 this morning.

The doctors say the extreme dopiness is a normal response to the drug and I’ll adjust. I don’t know if that means my symptoms will go away, or if I will lower my standard of existence and accept four hour naps as part of my lifestyle. Whatevah. I’m too goofed up on the methyldopa to care.







*snort* Ah!!

Sorry about that. I dozed off.

Now I have to be at work and pretend like I know what is going on. But, to be honest, I don’t even know how I got here.




*Fred Flintstone Feet is characterized by the swelling of the feet and ankles to cartoonish proportions, resulting in feet resembling those of Fred Flintstone. It’s a real medical condition.

No comments: