Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Irony in Action

We have a new property management company we have to deal with for our association. I just went to their website and see this:

Excellence isn't just a goal... its our standard


Its your standard. Really? Wow. That is excellent.





I am seriously not one of "those people" - a self-righteous proper grammar enforcer. I overuse acronyms, abuse ellipses, and misconjugate verbs until their own mother wouldn't recognize them. But, this struck me as extra hilarious that a mistake like this was made in a slogan for a company promoting itself as generally superior in every way. Of course, guess who will be laughing when I have to write a check to them every month? Me. Again. Because who write checks? What is this, 1982?? Oh, so funny.

The moral of this blog entry: Everything is funny if you deprive yourself of enough sleep.



Oh, I should also mention that the reason we have a new property management company to deal with is because we are moving. But that news seems really unimportant in light of this hilarious grammatical error. I don't know why I'm even mentioning it.

No comments: