Friday, February 3, 2012

darndest

OK, so it seems all my posts lately could be filed under "Kids Say the Darndest Things." First of all, both Ava and Alexander have a lot to say, so the odds of saying something "darndest" is high. Second of all, I can't post a lot of pictures right now because our computer died and is getting repaired. You may wonder, then, how I'm typing this. Well, that's for me to worry about.

Last night, Alexander was afraid to go upstairs. I asked him why and he whispered "it's too quiet. There are monsters up there." So I had to launch into the whole 'there are no such thing as monsters, monsters are just pretend' speech which ended with me reassuring him there were absolutely no monsters in our house. Here is the conversation that followed:

Alexander: Really? There are no monster in our house?
Me: Right.
Alexander: (thinks for a moment) Are there monsters outside?
Me: No, there aren't any monsters outside.
Alexander: What about up in the clouds? Are there monsters in the clouds?
Me: Uh... no.
Alexander: What about on the moon?
Me: Um...
Alexander: Or the sun? Are there monsters on the sun? Or on Mars?

I don't know where he got the idea of monsters to begin with. I blame this guy:


And, yeah, I would be scared if he were upstairs too... or on Mars.

No comments: