Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Unsure If Crappy Decorations at Work Are Meant to Be Ironic...or not.

The offices at the school are decorated for the holidays. And by “holidays” I mean Christmas. And by “decorated” I mean various things have been taped to the walls.

Taping up pictures of Christmas trees, printed from a black-and-white office printer, is not festive. It’s just not. No, the jaunty angles don’t help either. And the more they put up, the more it just looks like some psychopath is stalking a tree and has a bunch of pictures taped to the wall. “Here the tree was getting a decorated, here the tree was getting coffee at Starbucks, and here the tree is taking a shower. It must be a naughty pine! Ah-HAhahaha….hmmmm? hmmmm?”



Sorry for the bizarre tree-stalker fantasy there.

The upside to all of this is the otherwise depressed and twitchy employees are getting a nice diversion. The downside is we had students in interviewing for the medical school today. My first question as a potential student would be “You want me to pay $160,000 in tuition over the next four years, but yet you have a paper plate cut like a snowflake taped to your wall?” As a prospective student, my sense would be that there are serious budgeting problems at the University.

Oh well. Don’t worry about me. I’m really not that riled up over the craptacular decorations. I’ll just go back to balancing these ledgers and wait for the first of the three ghosts to visit.

No comments: