Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh the songs you’ll sing…

Sorry for the vaguely Dr. Seuss subject… that is about where I am mentally right now. Something about spending a lot of time with a baby will make your search your mental music archives and pull out some unexpected surprises. Just yesterday, I realized I was singing the theme song to WKRP to Alexander.





I don’t know what was more surprising - that he found the song soothing or that I actually knew all the words. I didn’t even know I had ever seen the show, but obviously those lyrics made a big impression on my subconscious.

Anyhoo… Alexander continues to blow our minds with his cuteness. Sorry. I refuse to ever get over how cute he is and I will probably never ever shut up about it. These last two days, he has surprised us by staying awake basically all day. Aren’t 3 week olds supposed to sleep a lot? He does sleep well at night – although we still have to feed him every other hour. During the day, he seems to have mistaken us for much more interesting people than we actually are… because he fights sleep like crazy, as if he is going to miss something really good if he dozes off.

The church delivered several meals to us, which was nice. Although it is still a little awkward to have visitors as I have to spend (literally) 12 hours a day bare-chested in the name of adding a few more little fat rolls to the boy. We are hoping the feedings schedule might lessen a bit after his one-month appointment on the 18th,… but by then I will probably be so accustomed to this half-nekkid lifestyle that my sense of shame will be a ‘burden’ of the past.

Speaking of which, I gotta go for another feeding --- although I have enjoyed this half hour of not having a 10 lb little man attached to me.

Before I go, though, I have to post some pictures for Aunt Rachel who also believes Alexander is the cutest thing since sliced bread.




Alexander and Grandma (aka - The Woman Whose Mad Grandmothering Skilz Were the Only Thing That Allowed Us to Sleep in Alexander's First Week of Life. But it is easier to just call her grandma):


Mom and baby dozing after a comforting lullaby of WKRP in Cincinnati:


Bathtime is one of Alexander’s top five favorite activities - even above looking in the mirror and farting:




And, just in case you were wondering… yes, we still have two kitties. They are both very sweet towards Alexander, and Bear is especially protective and becomes distraught whenever Alexander cries. But when Tim and I are focusing all of our attention on the baby, Cow and Bear just fall back, hold paws, and reminisce about when they were the center of attention:

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks, MOA (Mom of Alexander)- that gives me my fix for today. Now about tomorrow... Oh, and by the way, WE thought WKRP was pretty solid intellectual fare, and spent quite a bit of time analyzing characters and episodes. (We do not, however, sing the theme song.) Love to all three from the folks in the cornfields,
R & D