Monday, August 15, 2011

THREEEEEEEEE!!!!





Alexander turned three this weekend. I think that makes him either a very young boy, or an elderly toddler. Today, we are all suffering from a sugar hangover that can only come from partying too hard with a three-year-old.



Rule: Don't play with your food.
Fact: I just gave you cake with a toy truck plopped on top of it.
Conclusion: There are ridiculously complex rules for when certain rules apply. Also, I am a terrible cake decorator.

Now that Alexander is three, we promised him a set of keys for the boat. He was psyched.



Of course, it's a paddle boat. So, the joke was on him.


As it turns out, his legs are too short to reach the paddles, forcing the adult to do all the work. The joke was on us. He shoots, he scores!




Well played, son. Well played.

I can't believe I just used a sports metaphor. Oh, man. I think I pulled something. I knew I should have stretched first. Now I need some literal Icy Hot for my metaphorical sports metaphor injury.



Anyhoo... happy birthday, Alexander. We love you like crazy.


3 comments:

Shannon Stein said...

Happy Birthday Alexander!! Can you believe he is 3? Where does the time go? We all missed celebrating with him this year. We miss you guys and think about you often.
Shannon, Adam, Riley & Jayden

Us said...

Shannon - we miss you guys too!!
--Steph

Aunt Rachel said...

Okay, Alexander, time to learn how Daddy's side of the family does birthdays: that is, when we get around to it. We're coming to see you soon, to see if you look any different, now that you're THREE!