Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hair Club for Infants Welcomes Newest Member

I had an ultrasound yesterday that showed Ava already has hair! It looked like short blades of grass spiking up all the way around the top of her head. (I knew I shouldn’t have been watching The Simpsons… fetuses are so impressionable.)

Unfortunately, we didn’t get a picture of her spikey ‘do. But please enjoy this shot of her foot:



(Don’t see a foot? Well, ultrasounds are sort of a rorschach test… so consult your local psychiatrist for an interpretation of your test results and possible medication.)

I’m just over 32 weeks and things are looking good. I’ve had more swelling and a bit of an increase in blood pressure. Not big deal, really, but it is enough to land me a day of peeing into a jug just to make sure I’m not headed for drama. We’ll also have more frequent testing from here until delivery with weekly non-stress tests and more ultrasounds. So far, though, this is the BEST PREGNANCY EVAH!

No comments: